AMC TWD Supply Drop - Oceanside Edition released this week and much like the show, where we don't get enough Oceanside story, the box was a little underwhelming.
Don't get me wrong- It's always fun getting the box, and there's always a few nice pieces but this box seemed half filled. I will give AMC a pass on this because my guess is that the global pandemic has played a significant part in what can/can't be in the box.
So.... here is what came in the box.
1. TWD SD Exclusive Muddy Daryl Pop Figure - An exclusive Pop has been included in the last few boxes and these are always pretty great.
2. TWD / Daryl themed Bandana - a little flimsy, and will probably never be used, but a black bandana with Daryl's angel wings, Cherokee roses and some patterns.
3. An Oceanside Keychain - another cheap little item that seemed to be thrown in.
4. An Oceanside Postcard - yes. ONE postcard... not much to say about this item except I could print one of these at home.
5. Magna's War Hammer letter opener - THIS is a very cool little replica of her weapon and a stand to place it on. Very similar to the Michonne Katana letter opener that has been available for awhile now... but its very nice.
6. Finally, The Oceanside T-Shirt - The T-Shirts/Sweatshirts that come in these boxes are ALWAYS high quality. Soft fabric and great images (this one is more subtle) really make these stand out in each box.
So, the Pop figure, the T-Shirt and The War Hammer replica definitely make this box worthwhile.
I'm giving this box 3.5 stars for the following negatives:
1. These boxes used to ship packed INSIDE a plain brown box. The last two have shipped in the COLLECTIBLE box. They threw a shipping label on the collectible box and sent it out... thus ruining the cool box that people loved collecting. Again, maybe this is a Pandemic thing and they need to cut corners to get them out. We will see in future boxes.
2. These USED to be filled with more merchandise. I picked this box up and could hear things moving around inside. In past boxes, we've gotten a BOX of Christmas Cards (not just ONE postcard). We've received miniature RVs, Glasses, sweatshirts, blankets, etc.... but the boxes were always full... again, we will need to see if the boxes return to their glory after the Pandemic.
3. For an advertised Oceanside Box, not much in the way of Oceanside. Yes, the T-Shirt is great, but the keychain and ONE (did I mention only one) postcard was all there was to Oceanside inside this box. Why Magna's War Hammer? Why not one of Oceanside's Spears? Instead of Muddy Daryl, why not Oceanside's Cindie or Rachel?
So.... that's my take on the newest box... If you're a TWD Collector, it's definitely still worth subscribing, if only for the exclusive Pop and T-Shirt, but most boxes have a bit more substance to them.
Do you get the box? What did/do you think? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
ThreeZero is the ultimate manufacturer of 1/6 scale figures.
Carl Grimes is possibly their best Walking Dead figure to date.
Having met Chandler Riggs on multiple occasions, I can firmly state that the resemblance of the Carl figure is spot on. Every last detail in the face sculpt is impressive, including his missing right eye. They even include a real bandage to cover it if you wish.
The thing that really makes ThreeZero the best is the amount of detail and the materials that they use for every part of the figures.... real denim, real fabric, boots, and numerous accessories are all there.
The deluxe version (pictured) adds an extra grey button down shirt, and the infamous "meat poncho" making it well worth the extra cost.
Carl comes equipped with a variety of interchangeable hands to accommodate the plethora of weapons that are included (pistol/holster, Assault Rifle & Knife/Sheath)
Of course, Carl Grimes would not be complete without his Sheriff's Hat.
I've rated this figure 4 out of 5 stars, for two minor reasons.
1. Carl's Iconic hat took some playing with to get it to look more realistic. Out of the box, it resembles more of a sombrero... A little bit of bending gets it in much better form.
2. It may be a matter of timing because these figures usually take 6-12 months to be released after announced, but Carl is missing his "Bite." Placing a bite mark on his side would have been the perfect addition.
But this figure is outstanding, and Carl will definitely be "staying in the house."
Previous ThreeZero TWD Figures:
Michonne's 2 Pet Walkers
Announced & Currently in Production
Maggie Green (Rhee)